Position: Delivery Driver
Are YOU an Overachiever?
At Wooden Robot Brewery we have an uncompromising stance on quality and expect the same of our team. Under the direction of the Sales Director, this position is responsible for delivering our diverse range of urban farmhouse beers and representing the brewery to our ever-growing group of retail partners and loyal fans.
We are looking for someone to not only deliver beer but embrace our company’s core values. We strive to be the best and firmly believe that quality is maintained at every level. We are committed to continuous improvement as embodied in our ‘learning crushes knowing’ mentality. We want someone with a great personality, who is excited to not only deliver beer, but be a brand ambassador for Wooden Robot. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and knows that a great team both succeeds together and fails together.
Salary: This is an hourly position. Rate will be based on experience.
Duties Include: Deliveries, loading and unloading cases and kegs of all sizes throughout the day, and account interaction. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: interacting with customers, doing promotions and festivals, exhibiting extensive knowledge about our beers, all with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of the Charlotte beer market
- Ability to independently navigate Charlotte roadways efficiently
- A clean driving record
- Ability to lift 165 lbs or less repeatedly throughout the day
- Interacting with customers on a daily basis
- Being knowledgeable about all beers in the Wooden Robot portfolio
- Working long hours with intense physical labor
- Driving long distances across multiple hours of the day
- Being punctual, having a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and have excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in your daily tasks
- Desire to learn
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50-165 pounds
- Must be able to maneuver 165 pound kegs
- Must be willing to work in noisy, wet and/or cold conditions
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation
- Must have an appreciation for and knowledge of craft beer
- Knowledge of the brewing process (or home-brewing experience) is a plus!
How to apply
If you have a positive disposition, a great work ethic, and a passion for good beer please submit your resume and cover letter via the form below. In your cover letter please explain what you will bring to make Wooden Robot an even better place!